Meeting and Study Rooms
The South Holland Public Library provides meeting rooms as a limited forum to primarily meet the operational needs of the Library and to support the educational, informational, cultural, and civic needs of the community.
- The library’s meeting room are available for use, without charge, by South Holland non-profit organizations, civic groups, or businesses (for non-commercial purposes).
- Users must have a valid South Holland Public Library card.
- Library programs take precedence.
- Requests must be made at least three weeks in advance.
- The Community Meeting Room capacity is 50. The Small Meeting Room capacity is 10.
- Use of the room must be pre-approved.
- One booking per organization per month.
- Booking Periods:
- Booking period for January 1–April 30 opens December 1
- Booking period for May 1-August 31 opens April 1
- Booking period for September 1-December 31 opens August 1
The Library has four (4) study rooms on the upper level and one (1) study room on the lower level for individuals and small groups to work together without disturbing other library users.
- Study Rooms on the upper level are for individuals 18 yrs. and older.The study room on the lower level is reserved for individuals under the age of 18.
- The maximum capacity of each room is two (2) or four (4) people.
- Rooms are available for use when the library opens (10:00 am) until thirty (30) minutes before closing.
- Rooms are available on a first-come first-served basis.Registration is required and may be done up to 24 hrs in advance.
- Patrons are limited to one (1) two-hour time slot per day, per group.
For additional information, call the Information Desk at (708) 527-3160