Interested in working at the South Holland Public Library?
The South Holland Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants are subject to a background check and drug screening.
PUBLIC SERVICES LIBRARIAN, FULL-TIME
PUBLIC SERVICES DEPARTMENT
The South Holland Public Library is seeking a Public Services Librarian to work in a team environment that believes in flexibility, creativity, and collaboration.
- Provides friendly, courteous and accurate services to all users.
- Works effectively to provide efficient and exemplary customer service.
- Provides reference, research, readers’ advisory and other assistance to users at the Information Desk.
- Participates in collection development, selection, and weeding in assigned areas.
- Develop, schedule and presents programs for adults.
- Assists, troubleshoots and trains users in the use of online catalog, the Internet, databases, copiers, printers and other library resources and equipment.
- Markets library materials and programs by creating displays and marketing materials.
- Ability to work with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and possesses good customer service skills.
- Competency in providing readers’ advisory and reference services.
- Skilled at adult collection development and adult programming.
- Must also be skilled at using the MS Office Suite, software and Internet applications.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 20 pounds and access library areas and materials.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited program. Public Library experience preferred.
- Reads, understands, writes legibly and speaks articulately in English. Bi-Lingual is a bonus.
- Position requires day, evening and Saturday hours. No Sundays.
- Access to transportation.
Position is a full-time at 36 hours per week position. Benefits include health insurance, IMRF, and paid time off.
Starting salary is $47,342 annually or $25.29/hour DOQ.
Apply via email only with a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Linda Caruso, Head of Public Services at [email protected].
Applications are due no later than Friday, June 16, 2023, at 5 pm.