The South Holland Public Library provides Notary Service during most hours of operation for $1.00 per signature (cash only).
We recommend you call Public Services at (708) 527-3160 to schedule an appointment with one of our Notaries.
- Each person signing the document, including witnesses, must be present for us to notarize a signature.
- The Notary must see you and your witnesses sign the documents. DO NOT sign them before coming to the Library.
- You must bring a current, unexpired photo ID with your signature issued by a U.S. state or federal government such as a Driver’s License, State ID Card, U.S. Military Card, or U.S. Passport.
- Witnesses must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be also have a current, unexpired photo ID as described above. The Library will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from Library patrons or staff members.
- Documents must be in English and must be completed with no blank lines.
- The library cannot notarize I-9 forms, nor can we provide an Apostille (a form that certifies the authenticity of a document that is issued in one country to be used and considered valid in another.)
- Notary service is NOT available for Deeds, Mortgages, Wills, Living Wills, Living Trusts, Codicils, or Power of Attorney as these documents can require legal knowledge that is beyond the scope of our services.