- About Us
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Join Our E-Mail List Today!
Curbside Pickup Hours are Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
You will receive an email notifying you that your holds are ready for pickup.
When you arrive at the library, park in one of the designated parking spots in our West parking lot.
Let us know you’re here in one of these ways:
- Text us at 708-523-9010
- Use the SWAN mobile app
- Visit shlibrary.org/curbside
- Call us at 708-527-3150
Materials will be delivered to your trunk or open rear window of your vehicle.
All materials are checked out for 3 weeks with the option of renewing them twice. Upon return, all items are quarantined for 7 days so they will not be immediately checked in off your account.
We look forward to serving you!
You can use these online resources with your regular library card, or your digital library card.
We're Open and We're Putting Safety First
Everyone’s safety is our highest priority.
We ask that you:
- Wear a mask or face covering over your mouth and nose throughout your visit
- While we want to help you and keep our interactions positive, we will refuse service if you do not comply with the Governor's executive order requiring a face covering in public
- Follow established social distancing recommendations of 6 feet
- Keep your library visit brief
- Children 17 years & younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water or use complimentary hand sanitizer
- Stay home and utilize our digital services if you are feeling unwell
Modified Service Hours
- Monday–Friday: 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Things Look a Little Different
To keep everyone safe, the following ARE NOT available:
- Study rooms
- Meeting rooms
- Computer Lab
- Play areas
- Water fountains
The following ARE available:
- Holds pickup
- Library card signup & renewal
- Remote printing
- Service desks
What's Happening Now
- Book drops open daily
- No late fees on library items returned through August
- Library card expiration dates are extended until September 8
- Curbside pickup of holds
- Virtual events
- Summer Reading Challenge Fandom is available through Beanstack now – August 15
We're Here to Help!
The Library's Book Drops are open 24/7
- Suggest books, movies, and audiobooks for you and your family and select titles that match your interests
- Answer your questions about eBooks, eMedia, and other technologies
- Guide you to answers to your informational questions such as how to access financial and job resources
- Help you and your family sign up for the Summer Library Challenge
- and much more!
Ways to Contact us:
- We're Open! Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Call us at 708-527-3150
- Use the chat service on the lower-right of your screen
- Email us at [email protected]
If you leave us a voicemail, chat message or email message outside of those hours, staff will respond the next business day.
You Can Register for an Online Library Card
You can now register for an online-only library card that will grant you access to eBooks, eAudiobooks, streaming services, and research databases.
Click here to Register for an Online Library Card
Need more information? Click here.
Join us on Facebook and YouTube
We're posting story time videos, short story discussions, database highlights, book recommendations, and lots of other things to do at home.
South Holland Library Facebook Page
South Holland Library on YouTube
Please join us in our Virtual Events
Virtual story times, movies, line dancing, book discussions, and more!
Too see all of our upcoming virtual events, visit our Events Calendar
Hoopla - Now Available!
Register for an
Online Library Card