The South Holland Public Library is a vital part of a thriving community focused on faith, family and future. The Library boasts a workforce that embodies high ethical standards and responsiveness, with a relentless pursuit of greatness. Individuals joining our workforce are those with a commitment to integrity, professionalism, self-discipline, respect, and a servant’s heart. We strive for excellence in our work and value the diversity in our skills, beliefs and aspirations.
Want to work at the South Holland Library?
Take a look at our open positions:
Public Services Assistant - Part-Time
The South Holland Public Library is seeking a Public Services Assistant to work in a team environment where consultation, flexibility, creativity and collaboration are essential.
- Provides friendly, courteous and accurate services to all users.
- Works effectively to provide efficient and exemplary customer service.
- Provides ready reference, readers’ advisory and other assistance to users at the Information Desk.
- Teaches technology skills to users.
- Develops, schedules and presents programs for adults users.
- Assists, troubleshoots and trains users in the use of the online catalog, the Internet, databases, copiers, printers and other library resources and equipment.
- Possesses good customer service skills.
- Ability to work with Windows and MacOS computers and devices.
- Skilled at using Microsoft Office, Apple products, software, the Internet and applications.
- Intermediate level technology skills to enable teaching and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work and interact in a friendly and yet professional manner with users and other library staff members.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 20 pounds and access library areas and materials.
- Associate degree or above.
- Read, understand, write legibly and speak articulately in English.
- Position requires day, evening, and Saturday hours (no Sundays).
- Access to transportation.
Position is part-time position at 25 hours per week. Benefits include IMRF and paid time off.
Starting salary is $18.37/hour DOQ.
Resume, Cover Letter and three references must be included for a complete application.
Applications will be accepted until 6 p.m. on Friday, July 9, 2021.
Submit completed applications to [email protected], by fax to 708-331-6557, or by dropping off or mailing to South Holland Public Library, Attn: Linda Caruso, 16250 Wausau Avenue, South Holland, IL 60473.
All applicants are subject to a background check and drug screening.
The South Holland Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer