The South Holland Public Library is a vital part of a thriving community focused on faith, family and future. The Library boasts a workforce that embodies high ethical standards and responsiveness, with a relentless pursuit of greatness. Individuals joining our workforce are those with a commitment to integrity, professionalism, self-discipline, respect, and a servant’s heart. We strive for excellence in our work and value the diversity in our skills, beliefs and aspirations.
Want to work at the South Holland Library?
Take a look at our open positions:
Circulation Clerk - Part-Time
The South Holland Public Library is seeking a friendly, enthusiastic, hard-working individual with great customer service skills to work in our fast-paced team environment. This position is part-time with an average work week of 18 hours. This includes days, evenings and Saturdays.Responsibilities
- Staffs the Circulation Desk 75-100% of the scheduled work time while providing outstanding customer service to our users.
- Checks materials in and out, issues library cards, collects fines, renews, retrieves and shelves materials.
- Performs all automated circulation functions accurately and efficiently.
- Handles routine issues and answers a variety of questions.
- Ability to learn computerized circulations functions and procedures.
- Ability to work courteously with the public and exercise discretion.
- Possess basic mouse and keyboard skills.
- Ability to answer the phone.
- Ability to operate a cash register and make change.
- Ability to stand for an extended period of time, reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 20 pounds and access library areas and materials.
- Flexible and reliable schedule availability.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Customer service skills required.
- Library experience preferred.
- Spanish language skills a bonus.
- Must have ccess to transportation.
This position is part-time, up to 18 hours per week, including days, evenings and Saturdays.
Salary: Starting at $12.91/hour.
Applications must include your resume, cover letter and three references to be considered.
Submit completed applications electronically to [email protected] Attn: Christyn Rayford, Library Director
All applicants are subject to a background check and drug screening.
The South Holland Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer